Lockheed Martin Software System Quality Engineer, Senior in Centennial, Colorado
Description: Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need expertise to deliver the worlds most advanced strategic capabilities to our customers. We have opportunities that include Advanced Hypersonic Systems, Glide Body Strike, and other key advanced technology insertions. Involvement early in the system design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy partners to field future systems that the nation urgently needs.
As the Software Quality Engineer (SQE) you will support a new team to plan and successfully execute a new portfolio Navy Strategic Program. The individual will be deployed to the Quality Assurance (QA) Engineering Manager and work closely with both the QA team and the Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to develop, apply, and maintain quality systems ensuring delivery of capabilities that the Navy customer has defined in their Statement of Work, Software & System Requirements, for near-term operational deployment.
The SQE will have responsibility for alignment of process & product quality on this critical program. This position requires a strong understanding of Quality/Product Assurance and the ability to adapt to program needs. You will be a driving force to guide technical decisions to systematically shape the software system design and drive design evolution. Having a Quality & Product Assurance mindset you will use independent & objective judge of product performance, being the authority to ensure software system & program requirements are met. This position works closely with Navy counterparts to develop, test, and field a strategic system and to ensure Quality Program Plans are documented, current, and effectively implemented. The engineer will ensure proper flow-down & trace of requirements for the program life-cycle. Additionally, you will recommend influential program performance metrics and drive their implementation with the ability to identify adverse trends, understand/identify risks, and drive effective corrective action.
You will be the assigned QA team member for Support Equipment Development, Weapon Control System, and Flight Software activities. As an integral part of the program team you will forge a strong working relationship with all program personnel including, Program Manager/Director, Systems/Software/Specialty Engineering, Operations, Configuration Management, and various internal/external customers. The development of strong relationships amongst the team will be fostered by attending and participating in key meetings, providing proactive assistance to Engineering Managers/Leads up-front, and being an advocate for the QA organization. You will also contribute to program value, be an experienced problem solver, able to identify problems (with solutions) early, provide open communication, and project the QA organization as one that provides risk mitigation to the program & customers. The development of relationships in this role is critical to overall program communication in support of effective risk mitigation. Throughout the program life-cycle, you will be expected to lead cross-functional improvement projects to drive program cost down and overall value up.
As a member of this strategic team working on groundbreaking technologies, you will be exposed to multiple opportunities for personal & career growth, supported by our team of Quality & Engineering professionals across the Strategic & Missile Defense Line of Business & across Lockheed Martin Space.
This position is based in Centennial, CO, and may require up to 20% travel.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a technical software discipline (e.g., Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent)
• Minimum 5 years of QA experience or experience in a related technical discipline.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with DoD, DCMA, and/or other government customers to build effective relationships.
• Experience in a Software/Hardware development and/or production environment.
• Understanding of software development architecture and documentation protocol/requirements and software development cycle.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance and US Citizenship required.
• Working knowledge of Lockheed Martin Software Quality Engineering Command Media requirements, including participation in software design reviews.
• Experience defining a requirements and verification baseline, and QA oversight of implementation.
• Working knowledge of Clearquest, the Inspection Tracking Tool (ITT), or a defect tracking tool.
• Experience in a Program Start-Up environment or a development program, inlcuding Project Planning.
• Demonstrated experience supporting program milestone reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR, etc.) as a QA or engineering point of contact with an understanding of a program life cycle.
• Experience with Supplier Quality tools and processes, SAP/ERP, and EPDM.
• Quality Engineering experience with working knowledge of AS9100-based Quality Assurance Program Plan; familiarity/knowledge with Quality Assurance Requirements.
• Green Belt Certification, with commensurate experience in applying and using this toolset.
• An understanding of the LM Configuration Control process.
• Experience participating in or conducting Software Quality reviews.
• Ability to interface with program planning to manage the QA portion of an Integrated Master Plan (IMP).
• Demonstrated experience in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methodologies and in developing preventive quality corrective action plans, identify, and drive systemic root cause and corrective action utilizing quantitative, qualitative analytical capabilities to clearly communicate to others in a concise, data driven manner.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to promote and champion an inclusive and collaborative teamwork environment that supports differences and encourages big-picture thinking.
•Master’s Degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.