Lockheed Martin Subcontract Management Staff (mid-career level) in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space in Centennial, CO has an immediate opportunity for a mid-career Subcontracts Management professional. If you have an interest in all things space and an interest in working for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems, come and be a part of our Supply Chain team. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your subcontract management skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
Responsibilities in this Subcontract Management role will include:
• Overseeing major subcontractors or major, critical subcontracted systems
• Direct and manage all cost, schedule and technical performance requirements that are levied on the subcontractor or the product family and is required to ensure performance and support of the contract milestones of the system
• Act as the main focal point to the subcontractor; briefs executive management and customer on the status and issues affecting performance or cost
• Conduct program reviews with the subcontractor and program office
• Direct all phases of the subcontract from initiation of the business case for make/buy decisions through requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation strategy, and cost accountability
• Make decisions affecting the performance of the subcontractor
• Establish milestone objectives and manages performance to committed schedules and contractual specifications
• Lead an IPT as required
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and 3 years of subcontracts experience
• Must be proficient in Truth and Negotiations Act (TINA) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR/DFAR) guidelines
• Ability to find new sources of supply and help establish partnerships with emerging suppliers
• Must have the ability to negotiate contracts to closure and give detailed status of negotiations in process
• Must be able to write SOWs, Subcontracts, negotiate T&Cs, help Engineering and other disciplines define requirements, etc. Ability to write clearly and close timely.
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must be able to obtain a Secret government security clearance
• Proficient with Lockheed Martin Acquisition Policy (LMAP)
• Experience leading an IPT
• Excellent business acumen and ability to make business-based decisions
• Procurement experience within aerospace technologies or similar industry
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment; ability to motivate team members
• Ability to interpret policies/procedures and apply concepts
• Ability to engage with supplier senior executives as necessary to resolve issues
• Experience working for and briefing program and/or functional leadership
• Ability to coach and mentor other less experienced personnel
• SAP / P2P experience
• Good time management skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Willing to travel, if required
• Experience negotiating, reviewing and analyzing data
• Technical expertise with procurement documents and the ability to author as needed to drive closure
• Self-starter, willingness to take on new assignments
• Ability to work collaboratively in a high-performance high team environment; team player
• Well organized, excellent communicator and team builder
• Ability to close complex negotiations and increase value to organization
• Able to work closely with suppliers and have the ability to work with all levels of management and present data proficiently to executive leadership
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.