Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, early career in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This Systems Engineer will perform mechanical integration functions for Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program’s Missile Systems Engineering and Integration group that provides support to the US Navy’s D5 Trident II missile program. The Systems Engineer will perform integration across the missile subsystems (avionics, power, propulsion, ordnance, structures, controls and re-entry vehicles) to ensure a holistic and consistent approach with engineering disciplines and rigor. This Systems Engineer will be responsible for performing assessments, leading investigations and making recommendations to resolve missile / sub-system related issues discovered during development, production or while deployed, and writing final reports for those investigations and tests. The Systems Engineer will support and lead problem investigations to determine the root cause / corrective actions to ensure the readiness, reliability, and safety of deployed assets.
Other tasks include flight test readiness assessments, missile production activities, review/analyze data from various sources to identify issues and to evaluate and consolidate perspectives to formulate a comprehensive systems engineering position, support reviews for new design projects or alterations (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR etc.), review of trouble/failure reports and development of corrective action plans. The Systems Engineer will work across multiple Navy and associate contractor boundaries to direct the resolution of technical issues correctly and in an expeditious manner, including engaging with subsystem, missile and package CPEs, system integration engineers, special test equipment engineers, quality engineers and the customer to drive investigations to closure.
Some travel will be required during this time frame to ensure that commitments are continued to be met and a smooth transition is executed. Due to the support of operationally deployed assets this position occasionally requires extended work hours.
Desired Skills: - FBM or other missile program experience
- Understanding of the FBM Trident II flight vehicle subsystems, experience preparing tactical vehicles for flight test evaluations, and associated support equipment to test / prepare a vehicle for flight
- Failure Review Boards (FRBs) and / or problem investigations
- Mechanical/Structural compatibility and/or performance analysis and integration
- Flight vehicle production facility assembly and test operations is a plus
- Experience preparing program technical position memos that are forwarded to the government customer
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical or closely related field) combined with relevant work experience
- Mechanical systems (e.g., structures, ordnance, propulsion etc.)
- Ability to integrate across multiple engineering disciplines as well as different geographical locations while driving technical issues to closure
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain/maintain a secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.