Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Strategic US program is seeking a Systems Engineer to coordinate / integrate requirements and verification of advanced reentry hardware with missile body.
The primary responsibility of the Systems Engineer is to own the interface between the new hardware and the missile body:
•Resource application and tracking
•Technical review integration, requirements and verification coordination
•Frequent interaction with customers within Lockheed Martin and with our Navy Customer
Position is based in Denver, CO area, however job will support transition of the job responsibilities and personnel from Sunnyvale, CA to Colorado. This Systems Engineer role entails support of a world-class program from early design through development, integration, test, and operations.
b>Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace) or closely related technical field
- Experience in program technical integration
- Systems Engineering experience (e.g., program planning, requirements development, systems test planning/execution, requirements analysis and verification, integration, etc.)
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Knowledge of Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program and the SSP customers
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to recognize issues and identify solution sets
- New technologies and applications
- MS Office software including Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, and Project
- Effective coordination and interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of management, and work well in a team environment
- Self-motivated and able to determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.