Lockheed Martin Senior FPGA Design Engineer / Aerospace / Chelmsford, MA in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking to hire an experienced FPGA and digital circuit designer engineer at our campus in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. We offer an excellent working environment with a mix of cutting edge design and genuine hands on electronics laboratory testing and product development. This exciting role will offer the opportunity to work with our industry leading FPGA designers, technical leads and microwave subject matter experts. The engineer will support the development of complex multi-function modules used in challenging size, weight and power applications. The engineer will be responsible for both design and verification of complex FPGAs and digital circuits that make the modules work.
The engineer will work on technical solutions to a wide range of difficult challenges. Those solutions will be imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. These FPGA designs will implement digital signal processing, encryption, networking and the control of microwave circuits. The engineer will develop complete digital solutions. The engineer will work as a versatile member of a small team. Tasks may include device selection, supporting circuitry, register-transfer level (RTL) logic and verification.
We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
Applicants selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Chelmsford is a charming suburb of Boston located about 25 miles northwest of that city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire’s White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Chelmsford and the region share an impressive past from the early days after the pilgrims arrived in Plymouth to the revolutionary war. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30 minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. Waterville Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north. It should be noted that Chelmsford, Massachusetts is approximately 35 miles northwest of the Boston metropolitan area and offers better access to a wide range of substantially more affordable regions in the area to live. Those regions include Northeastern and North Central Massachusetts, and Southern, New Hampshire.
MFCREFER - FPGA Design Engineer
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related technical field or equivalent experience/combined education and at least 3 years of professional level experience.
• Demonstrated record of successful FPGA verification using System Verilog is required.
• Experience in FPGA design and implementation (VHDL, Verilog or System Verilog) is required.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot digital designs and resolve integration issues is required.
• Experience documenting moderately complex engineering designs is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Strong organizational skills are required.
• The ability to work effectively in a team environment and the ability to multi-task are required.
• Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance and have the ability to be granted an interim secret prior to start.
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related technical field and at least 5 years of professional level experience.
• Experience interfacing with analog to digital converters (ADC) and digital to analog converters (DAC) is desired.
• Experience with digital signal processing within an FPGA is desired.
• Schematic entry with tools such as Cadence Capture is desired.
• Effective technical project leadership skills are desired.
• Familiarity with microelectronics assembly techniques is desired.
• Familiarity with common data analysis tools such as Excel, MatLab, Simulink, and SPICE are desired.
• Demonstrated understanding and skills in adjacent disciplines of Software Engineering, PWB design, analog circuit design or RF Circuit design are desired.
• Experience with object-oriented programming (e.g. C++ or Java) would be a plus.
• Demonstrated experience documenting complex engineering designs is desired.
• Prior engineering experience within the Aerospace, Aeronautics, Defense, Space, Automotive, or Electronics Sectors is desired.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.