Lockheed Martin Info Assurance Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: This position fulfills an Information Assurance (IA) technical role in support of the Lockheed Martin Rotary Mission Systems (RMS) Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) program. Under experienced guidance, the selected candidate will develop and test security patches to fix vulnerabilities in Windows and RHEL, with primary focus on RHEL. Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Installation and configuration of Linux and Windows and Solaris from the OS up to the application level.
- Documentation and verification of all installation and configuration steps in documentation to be delivered to the customer.
- Develop test plans/procedures for software integration and unit test.
- Work with software developers and/or vendors as needed to help diagnose and identify the root cause of problems found during system integration.
- Submit problem reports for errors found and coordinate daily integration activities with other team members.
This position will involve all phases of the System Development Lifecycle for the security patches. The selected candidate must be able to operate with minimal direction in a dynamic customer focused environment while demonstrating outstanding internal and external customer communication/relationship skills.
Travel may be required between Colorado Springs, Huntsville, and operational C2BMC sites to support meetings and work with distributed sites and personnel.
In addition, the selected candidate will provide the technical support to the C6ISR Cyber & Security Solutions Team (CaS2T) by ensuring program management and other program stakeholders are elated with performance execution and delivery, and the customer achieves mission success milestones.
Desired Skills: • Some experience with general IA activities such as secure configuration/hardening of DoD Information Systems, system audit configuration, capture, analysis, and risk reduction.
• Experience in configuring and administering with Linux and Windows Secure Host Baseline from the OS level up.
• Familiarity with scripting Windows GPOs.
• Experience in working with virtual environment to include installing, configuring, and administering the environments.
• Security + certification or similar DoD 8570 Cyber certification.
• Experience in Linux system administration.
• Experience with installing and testing patches on Windows and Linux platforms.
• Some experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures with the ability to apply IA requirements to an existing system.
• Some experience with development, implementation, deployment and sustainment of RHEL/Red Hat patches.
• Some experience with scripting languages (developing, debugging and maintaining).
• Excellent interpersonal skills and technical document preparation skills with a demonstrated ability to support complex organizational relationships
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.