Lockheed Martin Network Design Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: Require a Network Development Engineer - Network Management Focus. The candidate must be a proven network tools systems engineer with hands-on experience and knowledge of network architecture design, development and testing methodologies. Specific technical skills required include:
- Strong Redhat Enterprise Linux experience (Red Hat Certified System Administrator preferred).
- Network Management and Monitoring Systems (MicroFocus Operations Bridge Manager Suite with Business Value Dashboards, NMMI with Net Performance Server and Traffic iSPI’s, Network Automation, Ops Analytics Orchestration, SiteScope, HP System Insight Manager, JUNOS Space, Viavi GigaStor and Apex).
- Experience Loading and modifying MIBS and SEED files, writing scripts for network automation and developing fixlets to be used with IBM BigFix to efficiently deploy updates to the fielded environment.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytic tools.
- Virtualization technologies such a VMWare vCenter and vSphere.
- Microsoft Server system administration experience.
- Experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as tcpdump, Wireshark, OPNET ACElive & ITGuru).
- Authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (TACACS+, Active Directory, GPO’s and GEM One Encryptor Manager).
- Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts.
- Proven network traffic analysis, diagnostic and troubleshooting experience.
Candidate will be a S8.2 Network Development Engineer - Network Management SME responsible for planning, deploying, integrating, and testing upgrades to the S8.2 C2BMC network to operational sites. Candidate will be required to travel to remote locations to perform network installations in accordance with Program configuration management processes, independently perform troubleshooting, and provide status updates to Program personnel.
Must be an effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools. Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers as well as independently at times on large field projects. Candidate must have proven troubleshooting skills. Candidates with experience planning and supporting the deployment of network infrastructure are highly desired. Prior C2BMC network experience is also a plus.
While not required candidates with experience in the following areas are desired: - A solid understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing protocols BGP and OSPF. - Experience in UDP multicast, SONET, MSPP, VLANs, GRE Tunnels, and TCP/IP network designs. - Hands on experience with multi-vendor switching routing (preferably Juniper) - Industry vendor certifications from Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE) and/or Cisco (CCNA, CCNP).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.