Lockheed Martin Network Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: The candidate will join our GPS Control Segment Sustainment team located in Colorado Springs, CO and be responsible for maintaining computing environments by identifying network requirements, documenting configurations, troubleshooting issues, installing upgrades, and monitoring network performance.
The candidate will manage enterprise performance and management tools. Responsibilities include contributing to the architectural design, implementation of new and operational products and services. The engineer will interact internally with the team and directly with end customers to ensure continuity and customer satisfaction of services.
Job duties include:
• Supports modification projects by analyzing workflows, access, information, and security requirements
• Designing network device configurations to meet the needs of the projects and security
• Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
• Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
• Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
The candidate must be a proven network tools systems engineer with hands-on experience and knowledge of network architecture design, development and testing methodologies. Specific technical skills required include:
• Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Multi-tasking, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study
• Working knowledge of various Cisco, Juniper, and Palo-Alto devices and implementations
• Working knowledge of KG-175’s
• Overall understanding of networking, both peer-to-peer & routed implementations
Cisco Juniper Palo-Alto OSPF TCP/IP TCP UDP IP VLAN VRF IGMP multicast RP PIM packet snoop tcpdump routing switching firewall CCNA
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.