Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: The Software Engineer will work as part of a team maintaining and developing critical software utilized to control the US land-based Minuteman III Strategic Missile force. The Software Engineer will design, develop, document, test, and debug mission critical software on real-world mission equipment. The individual will also work closely with customers during the software modification cycles ensuring requirements and customer expectations are understood and met. Must have experience in the Ada programming language and have some experience with the REACT system Console Operations Program (COP) software.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance required for this role.
Desired Skills: Basic knowledge of Rapid Execution and Combat targeting (REACT) system
- Experience with REACT system Console Operations Program (COP) operations and code- Experience in Ada programming language
- Basic knowledge of C and FORTRAN programming languages
-- Device drivers & firmware development
- Familiarity with the Minuteman III ICBM System
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Systems, Software Engineering, or related degree
- This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
- Final Top Secret Level clearance required to start. Ability to maintain a Top Secret Level clearance required for duration of assignment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.