Lockheed Martin Systems Administrator in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: Systems Administrator
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are searching for a Systems Administrator to join our extraordinary team in Colorado Springs, CO.
Some of your day to day responsibilities will include:
• Participate in the implementation, maintenance, and support of information technologies, to include Unix and Windows systems and components
• Schedules and performs installations and upgrades to OS/COTs, software, and database packages in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
• Coordinates the overall integration on new development systems as they transition to sustainment
• Manages appropriate software solutions to ensure server data integrity, monitoring and tuning the system to achieve optimum performance level, monitoring security alerts and application systems, and working with other staff to ensure that all appropriate patches are applied in an automated and timely fashion
• Perform daily systems administration and help desk tasks in Windows, Solaris, and Linux environments, to include monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting physical and virtual systems
• Apply cybersecurity standard methodologies to ensure high compliance status is met
• Perform testing and DR verification after software installs are complete
• Solve any issues related to these software installs
• Maintain and develop documentation as necessary
• Perform periodic COTS assessments to determine continued compliance, usage, and needs
• Fix any issues and provide support across the Information System
We are looking for someone with demonstrated successful team and relationship building skills across multiple organizational boundaries. You would be someone who identifies as a self-starter with excellent problem solving skills. This includes proven interpersonal skills with both experts and non-experts. You should also thrive in a dynamic, inter-disciplinary, environment.
A DOD Secret Clearance is required for this role
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Proficient in Windows, Unix, and/or Linux operating systems environments
• Ability to work in a team environment
• This role requires special access to support the program and requires you to be a US Citizen
• Strong Interpersonal/communications skills
• Meet DOD 8570 Requirement (minimum Security+ or equivalent certification)
• Previous help desk experience a plus
• Familiarity with System Accreditation process
• Working Knowledge of Clearcase and ClearQuest
• Test/Integration experience
• DOD SECRET clearance to start
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.