Lockheed Martin Systems Administrator in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: Space is not a place to go, it’s a place to do, and at Lockheed Martin Space, we do difficult. In other words, we create, design and build stuff and send it into space, often flying the missions once up there. Whether it’s to Mars or taking samples of asteroids, our Engineers do the seemingly impossible. For over one hundred years, we have successfully pushed the boundaries of engineering to reach new heights. Our culture and environment empowers employees to dream big, make calculated decisions and create incredible products.
Lockheed Martin provides generous resources, inspiring work sites and a focus on work life balance to ensure creativity, best-in-class performance and drive pride in what we do. If you have the passion, commitment and courage to dream big and want to build a better tomorrow, then Lockheed Martin Space is for you.
This dynamic position is based at Peterson AFB in Colorado Springs, CO. The System Administrator (SA) maintains operations of multi-user computer systems, virtual computer systems, COTS software products, and performs system administration within the scope of the contract. You will be responsible for monitoring and correcting system performance issues, backing up and restoring files, patching system and operating system software, maintaining software licenses, and assisting the Information Assurance (IA) team with account management and system vulnerability management. You will work closely with the customer and peer personnel to accomplish these responsibilities. You will also provides “on the job training” on system configuration, assist in deploying software/hardware deliveries, support special projects, and assist operational crews and contractor teams to resolve system and network issues. You will assist the Information Assurance team by providing access to system logs, instruction for monitoring user accounts, and identifying/responding to security issues/incidents.
This is a day-staff position but after-hours support may be required from time-to-time in support of 24/7 operations as assigned by the team lead.
- Experience with complex system administration tasks
- Experience with Storage
- Experience with virtualized operating system concepts and administration
- Must be able to work in a production/operational environment
- Must be willing and able to travel (25%) between Boulder CO, Greeley, CO, Aurora CO, and Colorado Springs CO
- Security Certifications (Security+, etc) within 90 days of assignment
- Candidate must have an active Secret Security Clearance to start
- Active TS/SCI
- Familiarity with IBM AIX
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Experience with Unix and the Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Experience in Systems Administration, DevOps Support, Storage.
- Must have strong teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Redhat Enterprise Linux installation, configuration, and administration.
- System provisioning tool (Chef, ) experience including scripting for automation, configuration control or provisioning.
- Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance, i.e. STIG & DSS compliance, documentation, etc.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.