Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Asc Mgr in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Mission Ops Analysis team has a need for a Systems Engineer Associate Manager to lead a team of system engineers and operational analysts focused on leveraging modeling and simulation capabilities.
•You will lead a small team that is focused on performing architecture trade studies in support of customer contracts, proposals, and to inform internal investment strategies.
•You will have functional management and technical leadership responsibilities.
•You will lead others with limited direction, maintaining awareness of and adapting to changing priorities.
•You will engage at levels from technical to executive across LM, industry, and customers.
•You will interact frequently with Directors and above, and therefore must be able to quickly and concisely convey essential information for decision making.
•This position requires an individual with a current TS/SCI clearance.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Math, Physics, Engineering, or other technical area
• Ability to model, simulate, and analyze
• Operations domain expertise, Statistics and trend analysis, Advanced mathematics, Systems engineering
• System Integrator expertise; prior knowledge of SI-like analysis or SI experience leading big picture System-of-System architecture analysis
• Technical Leadership Experience; Proven ability to lead analytical teams with limited direction
• Strong Ability to Coach and Mentor Junior Analysts
• Superb customer interaction, professionalism and initiative, ability to work autonomously, experience w/ small teams, and public speaking
• Experience successfully participating in, and leading teams as part of, an operations analysis organization with defined processes and partnerships and sustained success delivering OA results including data analytics, mission analysis, performance analysis, and statistics
• Financial acumen in securing internal IRAD funding and managing submission, tracking and reporting of IRAD projects
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a wide range system engineering and technology development activities, and successfully employ the appropriate program and project management techniques for contracts, IRADs (local and corporate), and CRADAs across various CETO cross-BA and LM Space cross-LOB efforts and serve as a subject matter expert
• Lead analysis execution by employing the LM Operations Analysis process to quantify the mission utility of materiel solutions
• Ability to present analysis findings to internal and external stakeholders
• Broad understanding of classified (DoD and SCI) and unclassified systems for C4ISR, BMC3, and TCPED
• Experience with functional management responsibilities, including staffing, mentoring/coaching, motivating team, setting strategic goals/vision for team, reporting status to leadership, flowing information down to team, and ensuring adherence to corporate policies
• Multi-INT and Multi-Domain Analysis Experience
• Air Space Integration Experience
• Experience with Forecast Simulator and Global Enterprise Model
• Cost Account Management Experience
• Business Development Experience
Program Management Experience
• Tactical experience across U.S. Combatant Commands
• Demonstrated ability to manage a wide range of systems engineering and technology development activities, and successfully employ the appropriate project management techniques for contracts, IRADs (local and corporate), and CRADAs
• Demonstrated ability to relate with external customers across DoD and IC, in partnering/collaborating on end-user, mission-driven, end-to-end solutions
• Knowledge/experience analyzing cross-domain and Multi-Domain operational effects within context of our customer’s needs.
• Knowledge/experience performing target specific threat assessment to maximize mission capabilities and effectiveness
• Knowledge/experience maintaining and developing SME-level knowledge on threat system capabilities as it pertains to mission effectiveness
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.