Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Intern in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: Lockheed Martin (LM) is a leader in developing and producing world-class technology solutions. Our team is seeking an engineering intern with an interest in evolving technologies. This individual will participate in multi-disciplined product design and integration engineering tasks associated with developing an integrated air and missile defense (IAMD) system. Our ideal candidate will need to be self-motivated and have interest in learning product design from concept to test. This position will involve hardware and software development for test fixtures to test the components necessary to integrate a state of the art Command and Control (C2) system. This position will be required to work with small teams on quick-turn products from conception to manufacturing including flight tests, documentation and product repair. This is an opportunity to work in a Systems Engineer position on the EADGE-T program as part of the Core-IT team. This position will be part of the team tasked with developing an IT infrastructure with over 3000 Red Hat clients, workstations, and servers running critical command center technologies. Candidate will team on the design and integration of the EADGE-T IT infrastructure, creating and developing the EADGE-T infrastructure by customizing FOSS\\ COTS\\GOTS tools and creating custom developed applications and functions.
Strong self-starter capable of working well alone or as a team member. Good verbal and written communication skills are a must. The ideal candidate must have previous experience and have complete understanding of systems engineering practices and principles. This position requires prior engineering experience in creating systems including developing the system functions that host\\enable Java based applications and Linux enterprise services.
• Linux based systems and designing enterprise management.
• Knowledge and experience designing the Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) system stack including web, middle tier, and database technologies.
-minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
-ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Experience with advanced testing methodologies, techniques, and tools
- Experience implementing and using test automation tools
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team to help defined tasks, accomplish goals, improve processes, promote quality, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Experience creating and developing computing infrastructure (HW, SW, Network Services) from scratch by customizing FOSS\\COTS\\GOTS technologies.
- Creating custom developed applications and functions.
- Development experience including Java, Scripting and automation/orchestration (Puppet, Ansible, Kick Start).
- IP LAN/WAN Networking design.
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.X or 7.x, PKI infrastructure, LDAP/Directory services, Apache, JBoss, ESB, load balancing, satellite server, and PostgreSQL.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.