Lockheed Martin F-35 Sheet Metal/ Structures Technician 4 in Crestview, Florida
Description: This requisition supports the aircraft modification and heavy maintenance program supporting F-35 program requirements. The modification team will be based at Crestview/Eglin, FL and travel site to site with potential follow on requirements at other F-35 locations.
Selected candidate will have exeperience with understanding technicial requirements on fighter type aircraft. Candidate must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes - Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown on engineering documentation and technical orders. Candidate will have worked with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales. Candidate will have extensive and recent experience utilizing tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, drill press, and pneumatic riveter.
Candidate will have the ability to fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches - Use shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required.
Candidate is required to regularly perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach. The candidate is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist.
Other areas of responsibilty include:
* Bonding of aircraft parts, assemblies and materials on complete and incomplete aircraft where methods and operational sequences are not established, complete information is not readily available, and tooling is not provided or is inadequate
* Exercise a complete knowledge of bonding practices, procedures, makes layouts and locates parts and material for exacting fit where critical surface contours, edge distances or coordinated dimensions must be established and maintained; completes all bonding operations exercising ingenuity in determining the most efficient fabrication and assembly methods
* Verifies application/condition of installed LO materials for conformity to specifications and determines material and time required to perform repairs; removes, takes corrective action and makes reinstallations where design and modification changes
* Sets up and operates various types of material testers and mixers
* Record data and procedural information for future use by others
* Improvises shop aids to facilitate fabrication, application or assembly operations
* Fabricates shims, brackets and plates as required and performs assembly operations such as trimming, filing, drilling, riveting, reforming and fitting of parts and details, and removing burrs or other surface imperfections as required
* Work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area
*Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
* Must have an Interim Secret Clearance prior to starting.
Fighter aircraft Sheet Metal/ Structures experience
Must have been previously awarded a 5 or 7 Skill level USAF AFSC, Navy NEC, or Marine MOS discipline rating or an equivalent Airframe and Power Plant, FAA certificate.
Must be knowledgeable of Tool Control, FOD, Supply, HAZMAT, Training, Quality, and Security programs.
Working level of knowledge on Maintenance Information Systems such as Electronic Maintenance Instructions, Aircraft Forms Documentation, and Supply Chain Management.
F-35 Sheet metal experience
Low Observable Coatings application
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.