Lockheed Martin Sr. Inspector-Must have FAA Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic rating in Dallas, Texas
Description: 2nd shift position
This Quality Inspector position will carry a primary responsibility as an 8130-3 return to service final inspector. The position is also responsible for performing quality inspections of components/articles undergoing repairs, overhauls and modifications per OEM specifications.
• Performs Incoming, In-Process and Final Inspections on all
components/articles being overhauled, repaired, modified etc. by this
repair station in accordance with current FAA, EASA, ISO and
Company policies and procedures.
• Performs receiving inspections on all incoming product/material from
• Completes non-conformity and corrective action reports as required.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the employee may be
required to perform duties outside of this as directed by supervisor.
Candidate must successfully complete FAA drug screening test and have
no violations of FAA agency regulations documented in the records of
drug and alcohol testing carried out by previous employers during the
previous two years. This position is a safety sensitive position covered
under FAA, subject to ongoing random drug and alcohol screening
program. This includes being tested for Marijuana, Cocaine, PCP, Opiates
& Amphetamines or a metabolite of these drugs.
Desired Skills: Must be able to lift 25lbs on a regular basis using proper lifting
Must be able to bend, stoop, stand and/or sit for extended periods
Great interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
Proficient with Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, EXCEL)
• Be proficient in understanding and interpreting approved technical
data including Component Maintenance Manuals, Aircraft Maintenance
Manuals, Blueprints, SB/ASB, & AD etc.
• Be able to perform dimensional inspections using precision
• Have analytical and problem solving skills.
• Be detailed oriented and able to multi-task high volumes of work in a
fast paced environment without sacrificing quality.
• Must have 2+ years’ experience within an overhaul shop environment
• Must have FAA Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic rating, Airframe
Mechanic Rating, have held an FAA Repairman Certificate, or be able
to obtain an FAA Repairman Certificate within 90 days.
• Must be able to obtain Flight Safety Inspector certification within 90
days including successful completion of training and vision test.
• Must be able to obtain tap certification within 90 days including
successful completion of training and hearing test.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.