Lockheed Martin Electrical Engineer - Instrumentation in Edwards Air Force Base, California
Description: Instrumentation Engineer for F-22 CTF at Edwards AFB, CA. Responsible for performing preflight of aircraft instrumentation. Attend pre and post mission briefings. Provide mission control room support. Direct instrumentation modification via T2 Mod process. Direct and trouble shoot intrumentation installations utilizing electrical drawings. Provide modification to electrical drawings utilizing Visio/Catia.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position an active Top Secret security clearance, with a current background investigation, is preferred.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT MUST REPORT TO WORK WITH REQUISITE DOD CLEARANCE.
Must be a US Citizen, this position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. This position requires a Secret Clearance to start.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
Experience with the following:
- Analog and digital circuit design and analysis.
- Signal conditioning, transducers, and data acquisition.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of instrumentation system designs supporting fast paced flight test programs.
- Prior experience with LM Aero Flight Test Instrumentation processes, procedures, and tools.
- CATIA, CCD, AutoCAD or similar design tools.
- Working knowledge of electronics and experience in electronics troubleshooting techniques and tools, including multi-meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and other common laboratory equipment.
- Microprocessor firmware design and embedded system design
- Aircraft instrumentation concepts including: Selecting transducers and signal conditioning, Calibration methods, Data buses, Telemetry, Solid state recording and digital video recording / compression, Aircraft wiring , Avionics bus protocols including MilStd-1553, ARINC-429, IEEE 1394, Ethernet and Fiber Channel.
- Flight test instrumentation protocols and standards
- GPS and IRIG time standards
- Real time and post test data processing Flight Test Experience
- Proficient communication skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.