Lockheed Martin Inventory/Material 3 in Edwards Air Force Base, California
Description: This position is part of the Logistics Support Team for the F-35 Operational Test & Evaluation Center at Edwards AFB CA. Responsibilities include:
1. Perform receiving inspections on all spares and consumables entering the warehouse and take actions to correct potential discrepancies, if applicable.
2. Issue and pick-up parts/spares upon request and turn-in by customer.
3. Perform packing and crating duties, prepare/print shipping labels--ship parts as directed.
4. Utilize Power Tools to build shipping containers.
5. Maybe required to pick-up parts from a commercial shipper or airport.
6. Perform annual, monthly, and special inventory audits.
7. Operate standard warehouse equipment; forklift (4K, 6K, 10K, 15K), floor lift, hand dolly, pallet jacks, utility carts, vertical storage units, etc.
Candidate is Required to:
- Must possess at a minimum an Interim Secret Clearance prior to starting.
- Must possess a valid drivers' license.
- Must be able to work any shift and rotation of hours.
- Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, bend; occasionally required to sit.
- Required to work at heights.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to bend.
- Regularly uses hands to grasp, handle and feel.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to communicate verbally with customers.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Capable of wearing personal protective equipment as needed while performing tasks. Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or extreme cold. Must be able to properly use, handle and dispose of hazardous materials per Government regulations and Company procedures.
-Able to operate Power Equipment and Tools as required. Able to work around heavy equipment or machinery.
1. 3 years Material Handler or Inventory Control experience in Supply Chain Management.
1. Knowledge of various government supply warehouse procedures.
2. Knowledgeable of Supply, HAZMAT, Training, Quality, Foreign Object Debris (FOD), and Security programs.
3. Capable of rapidly assimilating and utilizing multiple versions of asset controlling software and programs.
4. Understanding of the Air Force Hazardous Material Management System.
5. Understanding level of Material Safety Data Sheets.
6. Possess an ability to work in a diverse/integrated work environment.
7.Certified to operate forklift and loading/unloading devices
8.Cyclic inventory processes
9.Knowledgeable in shipping and handling of various spare components—familiar with packing commercial/best practices on a wide array of materials.
10. Possess the ability to perform periodic inspections and warehouse inventories.
11. Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.