Lockheed Martin Senior Mission Planner / IT Skills / F-35 / CSO / Flight Ops / Edwards AFB in Edwards Air Force Base, California
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Off Board Missions (OMS) System Administrator for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for Operational Test (OT) support at Edwards AFB.
Performs OMS technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, supportability and effectiveness analysis for total systems. Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and acts as Subject Matter Expert for use of product suite. Coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
Provides OMS support in effort to provide the software operations for the Mission Planning, Theater Data Generation, Tactical/Intel Debrief, Air Vehicle Authentication & Crypto, Key Management, and Air Vehicle Secure Interface capabilities of the system.
OMS Administrators are expected to perform tasks to support the Offboard Mission Support Environment (OMSE). Many tasks performed by the Database Administrators and System Administrators are also tasks that are performed by an OMS Administrator to support the OMSE.
OMS Administrator will perform duties to include the following:
1) Provide, manage and support the OMSE:
a) Maintain/Install MPSE updates
b) Support pilots in Mission Planning/Debriefing Process
c) Support, administer and monitor associated hardware/software
2) Perform data management of mission planning and mission recorded data.
3) Maintain and store associated security logs and audit data.
4) Install and configure MPSE on the appropriate units at the site.
5) Setup user accounts with different levels of software/data access.
6) Maintain mission planning data/databases.
7) Perform cryptographic key loading and processing, and review audit logs.
Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment and subject to all applicable U.S. Government requirements. A detailed list of these requirements will be available at the time of interview and employment will be contingent on agreement and compliance with such requirements.
Successful candidate may be eligible for sign-on bonus to be paid in accordance with applicable terms and conditions.
Position may be eligible for a bonus program, additional detail will be provided.
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last six years.
Candidates Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
In addition to the following:
1) Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) Mission planning and Fighter Tactics, Operations, & experience (e.g. Mission planning, post flight debriefing, etc.)
2) COMSEC experience
3) Good Communication & Verbal skills
4) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
5) Prior System Administrator experience
6) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
7) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0700-1600 (standard), 1000-1900, Sunday through Thursday second shift and/or 1500-2400 and Mid-shift 2300 - 0700 depending on flight operational needs.
8) Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
1) Mission Planning Systems Support Representatives (SSR)
2) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Pilots, Senior Officers, and management
3) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
4) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F35 Mission Systems hardware and software
5) Certified in Security+
6) Demonstrated Skills & Knowledge Set / Tools & Applications:
a) Windows 7 (administrator and general use experience)
b) Network experience (e.g. domain controller and simple network configurations)
c) Backups of Physical servers (Windows 2012 OS), virtual machines, ESX server
d) Disaster recovery/restores
e) Hardware/System Monitoring of physical and virtual servers
f) System Maintenance - scheduled upgrades/maintenance, startup and shutdown of rack components
g) Software Maintenance – applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
h) User Account Maintenance (Account creation/management with Active Directory)
7) Systems & Software Engineering background and experience
8) Weapons Systems Officer
9) Electronics Warfare Officer
10) Precision Guided Munitions Planning Software (PGMPS)
11) Experience with Air Force Mission Planning Support System (AFMSS)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.