Lockheed Martin Eglin AFB FL - OMS/Systems Administrator Sr in Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Experienced HYBRID System/OMS Administrator for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for USAF and USN at Eglin AFB FL.
****This HYBRID position is intended to span both System Administration and Offboard Mission Support Environment Administration. The selected candidate must possess skills in one of these areas and be willing to be trained in the other. Candidates will be carefully screened for this position.****
System Administrator is responsible for providing the overall on-site maintenance and support of the system. The System Administrator serves as the primary point of contact for any questions or concerns raised by users.
Administrative responsibilities include updating systems and software consistent with the Patch Management Plan, performing backup and recovery, and monitoring system performance. In case of a security incident, the System Administrator assists Security in investigating the incident, assessing system impacts, and restoring the system to normal operation.
System Administrator will perform duties to include the following: Backup/Restore/Disaster Recovery, Hardware/System Monitoring, System/Software/User Maintenance.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and acts as Subject Matter Expert for use of product suite. Coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Monitors and reviews security audit logs. Also, this candidate will serve as the point of contact to for the JSF Squadron discussion during the flight, evaluation and maintenance activities.
OMS Administrator will perform duties to include the following:
1) Provide, manage and support the OMSE:
a) Maintain/Install MPSE updates
b) Support pilots in Mission Planning/Debriefing Process
c) Support, administer and monitor associated hardware/software
2) Perform data management of mission planning and mission recorded data.
3) Maintain and store associated security logs and audit data.
4) Install and configure MPSE on the appropriate units at the site.
5) Setup user accounts with different levels of software/data access.
6) Maintain mission planning data/databases.
7) Perform cryptographic key loading and processing, and review audit logs.
Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment and subject to all applicable U.S. Government requirements.
Successful candidate must be capable of passing USMC medical, dental and overseas screening requirements and must maintain their medical fitness for this position as a condition of employment.
The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years.
Candidates Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
In addition to the following:
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background
2) Extensive System Administrator experience
3) Good Communication & Verbal skills
4) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
5) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
6) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600, 1000-1900, and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
7) Travel outside the local region is possible and may include USMC/USAF/USN/USA bases CONUS and other locations (ship or shore) in support of requirements..
8) Successful candidate must be capable of passing USMC medical, dental and overseas screening requirements.
9) Must be able to obtain and retain DoD IAT Level II certification
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and management)
2) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
3) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 hardware and software
4) Certified in Security+
5) Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
a) Troubleshooting all aspects that make up Storage Area Network (SAN), logical unit number (LUN) and host bus adapter
b) Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) and supported protocols
c) Engineering skills required for maintaining Enterprise Server Racks
d) Working knowledge of SSL/VPN security architecture with integration into multi-layered Firewall architecture
f) Ability to work with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere)
g) Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR
h) Understanding of Network Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model Layers.
i) Backups of Physical servers (Windows 2012 OS), virtual machines, practical knowledge of Hyper-V.
j) Disaster recovery/restores
k) Hardware/System Monitoring of physical and virtual servers
l) System Maintenance - scheduled upgrades/maintenance, startup and shutdown of rack components
m) Software Maintenance – applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
n) User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
7) COTS/developed software skills
8) Software Engineering background and experience
9) Previous mission planning or COMSEC experience is highly desired.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.