Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Sr in Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position on the F-35 Training System Support Center (TSSC) Training Devices Product Support Team (TDPST) will be responsible for a broad variety of systems engineering tasks associated with sustainment of pilot and maintainer training devices. These devices include Full Mission Simulator (FMS), Deployable Mission Rehearsal Trainer (DMRT), Mission Rehearsal Trainer (MRT) and the database generation system (DBGS) that supports these devices, the Avionics System Maintenance Trainer (ASMT), Weapons Load Trainer (WLT), Ejection Seat Maintenance Trainer (ESMT) other part task trainers as they become part of the F35 Training System.
This selected candidate will focus on supporting the change workflow for pilot training devices, including retrofit installation, technical coordination and communication between all stakeholders including US and partner service representatives, Joint Program Office personnel, F-35 Air System change management, other training system teams and suppliers. This will include development of engineering change proposals as well as representing these ECPs at multiple review boards to gain authorization for, and approval of, training device team work. Retrofit installation of hardware and software may include configuring Pilot training device networks, investigating problem reports, identifying problem sources, and implementing solutions. Related tasks may include Installing, configuring, and maintaining computers, networks, workstations, file servers, fiber, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems. Coordination responsibilities will involve all phases of sustainment change including problem identification, change implementation, integration & test, release, and deployment to the field. For some training device change efforts, the selected individual will be responsible for design and implementation of product updates. Additionally, this position is responsible for providing engineering support of troubleshooting and resolution of field issues with deployed training devices. This position is part of the TSSC organization based at Eglin AFB, FL but includes responsibility for sustainment of training devices and device change activity at multiple locations across the F35 Training System enterprise. Travel will be required.
• Knowledge of F35 Training System pilot and/or maintainer training device architecture, hardware and software.
• Demonstrated systems engineering experience with an understanding of the total lifecycle for complex hardware/software systems including 2 years of experience with sustainment of fielded products.
• Demonstrated experience developing, operating or maintaining training devices for pilots and/or maintainers.
• Demonstrated experience working in and environment with a rigorous, complex change management system / workflow.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with a demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels (up / down / parallel) both within an organization and with external stakeholders (customers, users, suppliers)
• Secret security clearance (investigation within 6 years) with ability to obtain and maintain F-35 Program Access
• Must have certification supporting DoD 8570 compliance for access to government computer systems
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally. This position requires travel to sites around the enterprise CONUS and OCONUS to perform new Software and Hardware Retrofits and training per current LM guidance
• Demonstrated systems administration experience for Virtual Environments, Microsoft Servers and Windows Operating Systems
• Familiarity with TCP/IP, IP configuration, peer-to-peer networking and IP addressing and subnets
• Experience with Linux Server administration
• Familiarity with F35 Training System and hardware/software configuration management and product change workflow
• Software development experience
• Integration and test experience
• Experience with Pilot Training Device System Administration and Field Service Bulletin development
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.