Lockheed Martin Business Development Senior Manager in El Segundo, California
Description: Job Description:
The Senior Manager for Space Programs in El Segundo, CA, is a member of the Lockheed Martin Government Affairs (LMGA) staff responsible for providing an integrated customer facing capability for the long term growth of Lockheed Martin. This position requires significant Department of Defense (DOD) and Department of the Air Force expertise with specific knowledge of space related and C4ISR DOD, USAF, Classified and Joint Programs. This position is responsible for developing close working relationships with the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) and the civilian community in the greater Los Angeles area to facilitate the discovery, evaluation, qualification, and development of new business opportunities as well as “keep sold” activities on programs of record. This portfolio includes: space protection; space situational awareness; overhead persistent infrared systems; military satellite communications; positioning, navigation and timing; space operations, sustainment and logistics; space weather; missile defense; cyber operations and integration; critical ground read out/processing, communications networks and command centers; enabling technologies critical for future generation space systems and demo programs. Knowledge of civil and commercial space acquisition is also desirable. As a leader on the LMGA staff, this individual will ensure consistent messaging to the customer community; help inform strategic and tactical direction; establish priorities and support customer engagement plans; and add value to LMGA and operating company initiatives.
• Serve as a key member of the LMGA Los Angeles Office; serve as the point of contact with major program offices and supporting and staff offices at SMC, Los Angeles AFB. Provide Los Angeles area expertise to operating companies, program and business development staff and Government Affairs to assist in the pursuit of new programs, products, services, technologies, and capabilities.
• Support corporate and business area staffs, operating companies, and other field offices to establish and achieve their domestic business objectives, with specific expertise in DOD, Joint, USAF, and Classified matters.
• Drive horizontal integration among the LM operating companies having an interest in the greater Los Angeles area and the DOD in general.
• Maintain currency on worldwide political and military developments that could impact LM’s DOD programs and provide a USAF and space policy perspective to ensure LM positively influences Executive Branch decision making.
• Participate as requested in reviews, color teams, Black Hats, Customer Value Propositions, etc., for expertise in DOD issues and related areas.
• Travel as necessary to support LM business activities and approved training activities.
Desired Skills: Desired Skills:
• Minimum of 10 years of Air Force Space mission experience and working-level technical expertise in major space mission areas.
• Familiarity with and a strong professional network within the Los Angeles aerospace and defense industry and local business community.
• Demonstrated understanding and experience with military, including classified, and civil space acquisition, and Air Force Space requirements and POM processes for future mission needs.
• Ability to engage in analytic space studies to understand their impacts on future strategic planning and space systems, to include supporting alternative architecture studies.
• Highly developed communications, developmental planning and leadership skills.
• Deep experience in DOD space acquisition (requirements, funding, operations).
• In-depth familiarity with SMC and associated enterprises and leadership as required.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.