Lockheed Martin Database Administrator in Fallon, Nevada
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future.
Database Administrator for U.S. Navy F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) databases and applications at Naval Air Station Fallon, NV.
Fallon, NV is in Northwestern Nevada approximately one hour from the 24-hour excitement of Reno, and from Nevada's historic capital Carson City. Also, world class skiing and other outdoor adventures await an hour and a half away at Lake Tahoe. Fallon enjoys a high-desert climate with cold winters and mild summers, with a population of around 10,000. Fallon is also home to the Navy’s Naval Aviation Warfighting Development Center, also known as “TOP GUN”.
ALIS Database Administrator responsibilities include ensuring the integrity of all the databases within the system. The Database Administrator maintains the internal database of the system as well as the individual applications. The Database Administrator works closely with the System Administrator to carry out and sustain system-wide backups and restores. The Database Administrator will provide maintenance of databases to include the following: backups, disaster recovery, database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates).
Prospective candidates must be willing to travel, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
Candidates must have a Final Transferable TS/SCI security clearance.
Candidates Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
In addition to the following:
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or database administration process background
2) Prior Database Administration and/or Database Development experience
3) Good communication & Verbal skills
4) Self starter & be able to Multi-task
5) Familiar with COTS/developed Software (Oracle, SQL and/or Siebel)
6) Must hold an active DoD TS/SCI clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
7) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600 or 1000-1900 (standard), and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
8) Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
9) Must be able to obtain and retain DoD IAT Level II certification.
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for management
2) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) hardware and software
3) Certified in Security+
4) Demonstrated database administration skills, to include:
a) Experience with importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases, be able to execute and troubleshoot database SQL scripts and report/correct finding and issues to the development team.
b) Database backups for Disaster Recovery preparation and maintenance on the Oracle databases. Scripts to perform Level 0 and delta (Level 1) backups, full logical export of all database data that collects snapshots of parameter files and checks database for logical and physical corruption
c) Database restoration for disaster recovery from most current backups
d) Status check scripts to troubleshoot database issues by pulling status of every database on the server, status of the database listener, and provide database system file tampering notification
e) Manually install Oracle Critical Patch Updates
f) Reviewing V$ tables and DBA views for any issues that may arise
g) Locate user session data via the command line
h) Performance tuning utilizing SQL commands (without using Oracle Enterprise Manager)
i) Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery to include hot and cold backups.
j) Understanding of SQL/PL-SQL language and be able to execute.
5) COTS/developed software skills
6) Software Engineering background and experience
7) Integration & Test experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.