Lockheed Martin Embedded Software Engineer in Fort George Meade, Maryland
Description: As a professional at Lockheed Martin, Rotary and Mission Systems, Solutions, you will apply your knowledge to drive development, Digital signal processing applications, Client/server applications, Legacy and current processor technology, Operating systems, architectures, and interfaces, Assembly and high-level programming languages, as well as code engineering and development. In addition, you will participate in or lead peer reviews, provide technical management using project management best practices, and lead a small team of contractor technical personnel. You must be able to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, to the technical team, management, and customer so as to inform them of progress, plans and potential problems and viable solutions. You must be able to apply sound planning, analysis, and programming and coding practices.
Experience with the C and other high level programming languages. (Candidates with experience using C are preferred.)
Experience with the operating system (and variants).
Experience with the Microsoft Windows operating system, and Microsoft Office productivity suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
Experience with the Atlassian suite of development and management products (Confluence and Jira), Apache's
Some but not all of the following:
• Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience utilizing coding languages: C, , GNU Tools, and Kernel Code.
• Programming experience for both user-space and kernel-mode in C.
• Low-level development experience - e.g. interrupt handlers, device drivers, controlling peripherals, reading/writing Flash memory, etc.
• Experience porting the kernel to other hardware platforms, especially ARM-based platforms.
• Experience with OpenWRT/LEDE distribution highly preferred.
• Experience with the creation of packages, ideally OpenWRT/LEDE, but also RPM packages for Fedora/Red Hat.
• Experience standing up cross-compilers and build environments for bootstrapping a cross-development environment.
• Solid understanding of GNU Make
• Experience with automake/autoconf suite.
• Experience supporting patches for projects.
• Gov't Framework-experience Available in reading room, is a plus
Note that a candidate does not necessarily need to possess all of the items listed.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.