Lockheed Martin Embedded Software/ Firmware Engineer in Fort George Meade, Maryland
Description: Are you an innovator? Have you ever dreamed about working on cutting edge technology and solving some of the greatest problems present today? Lockheed Martin is a global leader supporting the offensive and defensive efforts of our defense and intelligence community customer. We are looking for innovators/researchers that can dream, design and build technologies/products to help defend and exploit enterprise IT networks, radio frequency spectrum, and military platforms on land, sea and air. Lockheed Martin invites you join our team in solving some of today’s most daunting challenges. Who knows, together we might change the world as we know it today.
• Develop production C code
• Develop production Python code
• Operating system internals knowledge
• 32-bit and 64-bit processor architectures
• Assembler development and debugging
• Agile development experience
• Test-driven development experience
Desired Skills: • Software driver development
• Software application development
• Digital signal processing applications
• Client/server applications
• Legacy and current processor technology
• Operating systems, architectures, and interfaces
• Assembly and high-level programming languages
• Software/code reverse engineering
• Embedded software development
• Moderate and participate in software peer reviews
• Provide technical management using project management best practices
• Lead a small team of contractor technical personnel
• Effectively communicate, both written and verbally, to the technical team, management, and customer so as to inform them of progress, plans and potential problems and viable solutions
• Apply sound planning, analysis, and programming and coding practices
Embedded C/C++ (2+ years)
Python (1+ year)
Eight (8) years of experience in software and firmware design, development and test to include writing clear, concise, functioning and fully commented code that follow applicable Government standards and a Master’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering from an accredited college or university is required OR Ten (10) years of experience in software and firmware design, development and test to include writing clear, concise, functioning and fully commented code that follow applicable Government standards and a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering from an accredited college or university is required.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.