Lockheed Martin Technical Writer in Fort George Meade, Maryland
Description: Are you an innovator? Have you ever dreamed about working on cutting edge technology and solving some of the greatest problems present today? Lockheed Martin is a global leader supporting the offensive and defensive efforts of our defense and intelligence community customer. We are looking for innovators/researchers that can dream, design and build technologies/products to help defend and exploit enterprise IT networks, radio frequency spectrum, and military platforms on land, sea and air. Lockheed Martin invites you join our team in solving some of today’s most daunting challenges. Who knows, together we might change the world as we know it today.
Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project's hardware and software to include installation, configuration, and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
Desired Skills: • Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
• Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides, manuals, and technical publications
• Gather technical information, prepares written text
• Maintain a current internal documentation library
• Use multiple word processing tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio, etc.
• Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documentation for a program/project of similar complexity
• Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
• Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
• Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
• Coordinate layout and design of documents
• Work on all phases of documentation
• Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
• Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
• Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
• Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples (sic) sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
• Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
• Apply technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products
• Work independently preparing and maintaining highly complex systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods
• Provide expert oversight of technical writing and editing to all phases of acquisition and technical documentation for Program, Project, or Contract
• Act as a project leader for projects with complex or voluminous documentation and may provide or coordinate special documentation services as required
• Review work products of others for compliance with technical manual NSA Data Standard (DS)-89
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.