Lockheed Martin Aeronautical Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: This position is for an experienced Aeronautical Engineer with Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works® Advanced Development Programs (ADP). The position supports LM Aeronautics - ADP as an Aeronautical Engineer for the Flight Control and Vehicle Management Systems (FC&VMS) integration team.
This assignment entails the full spectrum of control law development, data analysis, sensor and actuator performance, autopilot simulation, structural mode testing, flight testing, landing gears, actuators, hydraulics, avionics, control modes and support hardware and software integration in SIL.
Tasking will include hands on development and design work, management and coordination of work with equipment vendors, and presentation and coordination with government customers and partners under the general direction of technology roadmap and program leadership.
- Under supervision, contribute to aircraft design, configuration development, feasibility and risk analyses from the FC&VMS perspective.
- Work simulation refinement, control law design, and analysis efforts for an advanced flight control system.
- Work system performance analysis assessments
- Support component installation
- Design mechanical and electronic interfaces to support software development, integration and test.
- Works simulation and integration, also development of pilot training
This assignment involves independent tasking as part of a lean technical team – personal initiative, original and creative problem solving, and the ability to work independently and with little oversight are a must.
Frequent, short, domestic travel can be expected. The applicant will need to pass a program access security background check.
***Must be a US Citizen, position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must possess Secret Security Clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years.***
Bachelor's Degree in Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering, or other related engineering degree or related engineering or technical field.
- Experience with Aeroservoelasticity (ASE) for a flight control system.
Must possess Secret Security Clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years
- Programming experience with MATLAB (Simulink)
- CLAW Development
- Flight Control ASE experience
- Flight Control Systems/Vehicle Management System experience
- Experience with supplier selection and management (such as creating Equipment Requirement Document/ Specifications/Statement of Work and managing vendor selection and vendor performance)
- Flight simulation experience
- Hands-on experience with system build, system integration, and test
- Supersonic air vehicle experience
- Experience with VMS development lifecycle: architecture, requirements, design, development, integration, testing, and flight test
- Experience programming in C/C++ and embedded software
- Experience with serial buses
- Experience coordinating between groups
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- SECRET Clearance required
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.