Lockheed Martin Aeronautical Engineering Manager in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: Lead the Skunk Works’ Air Vehicle Structures Engineering team.
Responsible for staffing assignments of air vehicle structures engineering to Skunk Works’ programs. Define staffing needs, select and assign personnel to meet program needs. Responsible for all aspects of ADP program staffing (re-assignments and placements, recruitment and selection of new employees and terminations) and personnel management (training, mentoring, career development, performance and compensation, and promotions).
Support development of technology plans and roadmaps in support of Skunk Works programs. Interface with LM Aero, other LM business units and external customers and suppliers to develop new technologies and transition them to LM Aero programs. Prepare and deliver technical presentations to LM senior management and external customers. Requires travel to customer facilities and other LM sites.
Good people skills as well as strong oral and written communication skill are a must. A strong background in air vehicle development is required; additional experience in design, analysis, materials and processes, manufacturing engineering and verification/validation testing is preferred. Experience as a manager with performance management and schedule /budget responsibility desired. Proposal development experience highly desired. Significant experience in both the full scale aircraft development and IRAD/CRAD/OTA/IWTA environments preferred.
Approximately one-half of this assignment will be to support Skunk Works programs as an individual contributor. This tasking will include direct support to programs, proposal preparation and review and program reviews, generally in a classified environment.
Bachelor of Science, or higher, in Aerospace, Mechanical, Civil or Material Sciences Engineering preferred with 10+ years of related experience
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. The ability to obtain a Secret and program special access clearances required.
Must be a US Citizen or legally authorized to work in US as a permanent resident. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Desired Skills: - Experience with program/project management and program integration processes.
- Experience in creation and continuous improvement of interdepartmental integration and communication.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects to completion
- Airframe Structures Design and/or Analysis Experience
- R&D Project Manager Experience including IRAD, CRAD, OTA, IWTA
- Experience working ADP or similar classified programs, including Proposal Development, EVMS, CAM and CDRL Experience.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent rapport with customers; and strong working relationships with other functions and programs
- Ability to manage, coach, train and motivate team in technical and leadership development.
- Familiarity with HR processes as well as experience in hiring development and retention of technical workforce.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to address complex matter / solutions with senior leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Full Spectrum Leadership Skills
- Bachelor or Above Degree in a Technical Related Engineering Discipline, plus 10 years related experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in an area of air vehicle structural analysis and development, including advanced structures and materials
- Experience leading a team
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.