Lockheed Martin Computer Systems Architect Staff in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: Applicant will perform Computer Systems Architect activities in support of an ADP (Advanced Development Program) classified program. Applicant will install, configure, integrate, manage, and maintain workstation and server software and hardware environments to include network infrastructure. Applicant will be responsible for developing documentation for specific installations and configurations necessary to support operations and ongoing support activities. Coordinate with other program groups in the development and maintenance of ground station systems. Successful candidate will install and test COTS applications on system hardware as required by system design specifications.
The ideal candidate will be able to solve problems rapidly and will have excellent communication skills. Candidate will be expected to update or create new procedures to share knowledge with the larger team. Understanding of a broad spectrum of information technologies related to workstations, servers and networks is needed. Some travel is required.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must already possess a Secret clearance updated within the last 5 years to start.
Desired Skills: • Security+ certification
• CCNP, CCNA, Network+ certifications
• MCSE, MCSA, VCP
Must show demonstrated ability in the following:
• Linux/Unix scripting
• Knowledge / experience with Cisco Routing and Switching
• Experience managing vendor relationships for break/fix, root cause analysis, escalations, and technology refresh
• Experience and knowledge of switching and routing with specific knowledge on TCP/IP, IP configuration, peer-to-peer networking, IP addressing & subnets, building a routing table, other network protocols, standards, and architecture.
• Experience in information security infrastructure, and JSIG implementations
• Virtual network switching and routing
• Good documentation and technical writing skills to maintain system(s) configurations and network diagrams
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
• Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills illustrated through related work experience
• Ability to travel as required
• Bachelors or Above Degree in Engineering/Technical Discipline
• Advanced Knowledge and experience supporting LAN/WAN infrastructures.
• Expertise and experience with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting TCP/IP-based networks
• Experience with Cisco Systems IOS and CLI
• Expertise troubleshooting network connectivity and/or peer to peer application issues at all levels of the TCP/IP stack
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.