Lockheed Martin F-35 Japanese Sustainment Manager in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: • Candidate will be the F-35 Japanese Sustainment Manager with responsibilities to include being the sustainment lead and subject matter expert for the Japanese Defense Force F-35 logistics and sustainment activities across the F-35 Sustainment value stream teams and to execute integrated logistics support (ILS) for the Japanese F-35 program.
• The candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of F-35 Site Activation events to include (but not limited to):
- Site Surveys
- Site Specific Activation Plans
- Site Activation Task Force events
• The candidate will be required to integrate and oversee sustainment management strategy/sustainment operating instruction coordination; program management review, integrated master schedule, sustainment readiness review, and introduction to service plans.
• The candidate will specifically focus on the Japanese customer’s required product support at the national level.
• Candidate will deliver/execute a Japanese F-35 sustainment plan detailing sustainment product support capabilities including delineation of government and customer tasks.
• Also, the candidate will work with program documents to identify gaps in customer requirements and Lockheed Martin (LM) capabilities.
• Candidate will support Participant Procurement Request (PPR) and Consolidated Procurement request (CPR) process led by the Joint Strike Fighter Program Office (JSFPO).
• Candidate must have the skills and experience level to work comfortably with national defense officials and flag officers at the most senior government and military levels.
• Candidate will interface daily with influential and key decision makers. Project assignments are often self-initiated.
• Candidate will need to be able to understand implications of fiscal decisions made by the customer and their impact on the program, apply sound judgment to make trade-off decisions between risk and reward, evaluate business opportunities with a perspective beyond the initial contract, and understand the dynamics and key leverage points in the sustainment field.
• Position requires travel to Japan.
• Thorough understanding of performance based sustainment.
• Understanding of sustainment in an international environment.
• Experience working with senior program and customer leadership.
• Understanding of military aircraft maintenance concepts and operations.
• Broad understanding of logistics and sustainment concepts and product support integration.
• Demonstrated communication skills and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated cross-functional integration experience.
--Knowledge of Japanese sustainment activities.
--Demonstrated previous International logistics and sustainment support.
--Bachelor OR Above Degree in a technical discipline and/or Supply Chain/Logistics
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.