Lockheed Martin Learning & Development Technical Training Manager in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: Manages the day to day operations of a Manufacturing Learning and Development team and acts as the Fort Worth lead. Consults with and builds partnerships with regional business leaders to understand their short and long term business and manufacturing learning objectives. Aligns the learning and development strategies and resources to support the achievement of those objectives and needs. Leads a team of manufacturing learning professionals.
Advises, counsels and coaches employees in such areas as: instructional design and delivery, training effectiveness measurement strategies, and learning theory. Provides oversight for regional vendor provided learning administration, design, development and delivery, enabling affordable, innovative learning solutions
Provides strategic insight into the Aeronautics’ training budget. Aligns regional manufacturing learning solutions to business needs and available resources (people, processes, technology, and money) to design and deliver innovative learning solutions.
Responsible for streamlining processes and influencing team behaviors that support effective and efficient decisions on regional manufacturing learning solutions, ensuring program alignment across the full L&D team. Works with auditors as required to ensure compliance.
Collaborates with key internal and external stakeholders to leverage common content, tools, and approaches to creating optimized experiential learning solutions. Identifies, tracks and reports appropriate metrics on quality and effectiveness of learning solutions.
Responsible for recruitment, selection and training, and all aspects of performance management and development for team of employees. Leads team and self to deliver positive experiences that inform and shape employee and leader beliefs, and recognizes and rewards the behaviors and actions that lead to positive results.
Drives lateral connectivity and collaboration within the HR and across the enterprise. Delivers data-driven measures of learning effectiveness. Creates, supports and rewards an agile learning environment that enables innovation, inclusion and leadership.
Desired Skills: - Demonstrated ability and experience coaching leaders and employees
- Demonstrated ability and experience facilitating groups to deliver solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of human capital analytics and key workforce metrics
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders using multiple methods based on context
- Demonstrate strong decision making and judgment, oral and written communication, and business acumen
- Leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
- Prefer Advanced degree in related field
- Prior experience managing a multi-million dollar training organization(s) in a highly regulated environment
- Prior experience in another Human Resources function(s)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the field/discipline of Human Resources practices, processes, and regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Instructional Design needs assessment, design, practices, and processes for manufacturing, professional and leader audiences.
- Demonstrated experience consulting with an assigned client organization on Human Resources, and Learning and Development topics
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and initiatives, including developing project plans, identifying stakeholders, preparing corresponding communication plans, identifying of milestones, deadlines, and metrics to assess outcomes/results
- Demonstrated experience delivering results for the business in partnership with Human Resource’s Business Partners, Centers of Excellence, and other organizations as needed
- Demonstrated ability to lead change
- Must demonstrate moderate-level financial acumen
- Demonstrated experience using relevant software tools/ solutions e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.