Lockheed Martin Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Test Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: In this position, located in Fort Worth, TX, you will perform engineering evaluation including defect analysis, nondestructive testing (NDT) methods analysis, and inspection (when inspection is required must have a minimum level II certification). Prepare and revise Technique Data Sheets (TDS) including evaluation of supplier/co-producer TDSs and procedures. Prepare and review engineering specifications. Develop and evaluate new equipment technology. Design and evaluate Inspection Reference Parts (IRPs). Provide technical support to programs, field personnel, and suppliers/co-producers. Participate in development of NDI training course material for level I and II.
Must be able to obtain DOD Secret clearance.
Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to conduct NDI business. May be required to work 1st or 2nd shift and potential weekend shift based on program needs.
• BS Engineering, Math, Science, Technology and/or certification (ASNT / NAS410 Level 3 certification in at least two of the following methods: PT, MT, RT, UT, ET, or IR).
• Travel domestically and internationally as required to conduct NDI business.
• US Citizenship required.
• Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret-level security clearance.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and database utilization.
• 1-3 years of aerospace nondestructive testing experience and documented previous NAS-410 Level II certification in at least 2 NDT methods (PT, MT, UT, RT, or ET) preferred.
• Experience in nondestructive inspection (NDI) of: casting, welding, composite structure, and bonded assemblies.
• Industrial Radiographer or trainer card from the Texas Department of Health.
• An AWS-CWI certification is a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.