Lockheed Martin Project Engineer Staff in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: Manages and oversees all aspects of the execution of large, complex initiatives. Takes projects through implementation by defining project scope and objectives, developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
• Provides project management and direction to ensure overall success of assigned initiatives by developing project implementation plans including scope of project, project goals, scheduling and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management
• Develops an appropriate implementation plan that focuses on current and future functional performance objectives, TCO and compliance with Enterprise standards
• Defines project success criteria, in collaboration with project sponsors
• Examines and addresses any scope gaps
• Assessment and coordination of impacts from new or modified scope
• Develop and orchestrate executable technical plans that are integrated into the sustainment portfolio
• Address issues, identify risks and opportunities, handling strategies, and interacting with program offices and customers
• Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks and devises contingency plans
• Drafts and submits budget proposals and recommends subsequent budget changes; estimates resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
• Manages relationships across organization and divisions to develop a thorough understanding of core business functions and align project with overall business objectives
• Conducts quality assurance audits in support of project quality plan, including project post-mortem assessments and suggest improvements in process or procedure
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Three years experience in project management
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Change management experience and/or training
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.