Lockheed Martin Quality Assurance Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: The F-35 Program has a new contractual requirement for a formal Cost of Quality program. Quality costs consist of three categories: Prevention Costs, which are the costs to avoid quality problems, Appraisal Costs, which are costs associated with measuring and monitoring quality activities, and Cost of Poor Quality, which are associated with remedying defects discovered. This position will be a team lead responsible for establishing this new Cost of Quality program across F-35. This role is responsible for integrating across multiple organizations to drive measurement and management of the three Quality costs: Cost of Poor Quality, Appraisal Cost, and Prevention Cost. This lead role will focus on defining and managing Cost of Poor Quality and will work with their team to define and manage Appraisal Costs and Prevention Costs as required.
The roles and responsibilities of the selected QE include:
• Coaching and leading a team of two other Quality Engineers to define and manage a standardized and formal F-35 Cost of Quality program.
• Presenting Cost of Quality program status and initiatives to executive leadership.
• Working with the customer to ensure contract compliance and deliverable completion as well as to drive confidence in our Quality Management System.
• Influencing and integrating with a large quantity of subject matter experts and leaders within Finance, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Production, and Sustainment.
Desired Skills: • Experience with AS9100/EN9100, or other industry Quality Management System standards.
• Experience maintaining productive internal and external Customer relationships.
• Experience developing and successfully implementing new business processes and supporting infrastructure.
• Understanding of or experience with the F-35 program.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of financial estimating methods.
• Prior military sustainment experience.
• Bachelor’s in STEM and Master’s degree in a Business or related field.
• Demonstrated Quality Process and Continuous Improvement knowledge.
• Diverse work experience within organizations outside of Quality & Mission Success.
• Ability to influence and coach others and drive change by connecting tactical objects to business strategy.
• Ability to create and execute to a tactical project plan with little formal direction and oversight.
• Must currently hold, or be able to acquire upon selection, a Secret Clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.