Lockheed Martin Software Quality Engineer Senior in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: In this position, you will be responsible for implementing the System Software Quality (SSQ) mission to ensure programs have and are compliant to documented processes which meet customer and company requirements and are capable of producing quality software products. The successful applicant will do this, with minimal supervision, by performing process, product, vendor and special quality evaluations/audits throughout the software development lifecycle as well as using quality sciences to identify, communicate and drive to resolution needed improvements to software development processes and activities. They will provide SSQ management with metrics, reports, schedules, estimates for tasking and other support as necessary. They must be willing to travel, ability to work off-shift and weekends, when needed; Ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Science or a related discipline, or any other non technical degree with comparable Quality experience.
* Demonstrated quality science expertise in one or more of the following areas: Statistical analysis, statistical process control, sampling, six sigma, root cause analysis.
* Experience with details of individual aspects of the software lifecycle (e.g.
Requirements, Design, Coding, Unit Testing, Formal Testing, Integration & Testing, Release, Configuration Management, Problem Resolution)
* Demonstrated experience with data analytics (eg.statistical analysis and/or metrics.)
* Experience identifying, gathering and analyzing data to determine process health (compliance and ability to produce quality products)
* Experience independently developing process evaluation checklists from company, program and project command media
* Experience effectively interfacing with a variety of management and employee levels
* Experience providing technical leadership to a small group of software quality professionals in achieving the SSQ mission and objectives
* Well versed in the details of individual aspects of the software lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Coding, Unit Testing, Formal Testing, Integration & Testing, Release, Configuration Management, Problem Resolution)
* Well versed in Agile methodologies
* Well versed in AS9100/AS9115
* Certified Software Quality Engineer is a plus
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and able to quickly learn other tools and applications required to perform job duties.
* Experience prioritizing and managing assigned tasks and ensuring work is completed on time
* Excellent interpersonal skills needed for collaboration, communication, and presentations as well as resolving issues with multiple organizations.
* Experience independently coordinating a diverse team in identifying root causes and resolution of complex issues
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.