Lockheed Martin Software Quality Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: In this position, you will be responsible for implementation and performance to Aero Codes related to Systems and Software Quality (SSQ) department, assigned engineer will be predominately focused on software quality tasks on the IFG Programs. Successful applicant will work with engineering software developers to ensure compliance to Company, IPT and SSQ requirements under supervision. Perform/assist process, product, vendor and special quality evaluations/audits and author reports of same. Review and give input to RFQ, RFP's, etc. Provide SSQ management with metrics, reports, schedules, and other support as necessary. In this position you will be expected to occasionally travel and work off-shift and weekends. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. You will be expected to obtain a Secret clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Science or a related discipline, or any other degree with comparable Quality experience.
• Demonstrated experience performing data analytics (e.g., statistical analysis and/or metrics).
• Experience as a software developer or in a software quality role.
• Demonstrated quality science expertise in one or more of the following areas: statistical analysis, statistical process control, sampling, six sigma, and/or root cause analysis.
• Preference for prior experience performing defect problem analysis.
• Knowledge (prior class or job experience/exposure) of Agile methodologies.
• Knowledge (prior class or job experience/exposure) of C++ programming language in order to review software code (e.g., prior class in C++ or job experience).
• Knowledge of Ada programming language in order to review software code.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, collaboration, written and verbal communication skills, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrate business acumen, strong problem solving, decision making, analytical capabilities, and judgment to provide sound recommendations.
• Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks/assignments, manage time effectively, and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency with MS Office software tools including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Preference for Master's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, and/or Science.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.