Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Sr in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: F-16 Avionics System Integration & Test engineer. Primary team Subject Matter Expert, Capability Test Lead, and POC role for A-A Weapons and EW. Supports technical planning and execution of test procedure development, lab coordination, test execution and verification of F-16 avionics functions and capabilities. Responsible for successful execution of required lab and flight testing, as well as training and development of new talent in these capability areas.
This assignment includes laboratory System Integration testing and Avionics Integration flight testing of all F-16 avionics capabilities, to include: Communication, Navigation and Identification (CNI), Data Link, Radar/Sensors, Stores/Weapons, Displays, and Mission Computer systems. The position also includes the support of other IPT-activities affected by system and flight test integration including flight test operations, instrumentation, production aircraft delivery, test station, software, training & training systems, subsystem & weapons, support equipment, and T.O. development.
Some shift work (2nd / 3rd) is required to support program and lab schedules.
• Must be a US Citizen. Position requires active DoD Secret security clearance.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Experience in Avionics System Integration Testing of A-A Weapons and EW Systems.
• Ability to lead, train and mentor new team members for the assigned capabilities.
• Experience developing System Integration test procedures.
• Excellent technical and communications skills (verbal & written) are required.
• Experience integration testing in F-16 Avionics Integration labs.
• Experience working with aircraft & lab electrical wiring diagrams, schematics and engineering drawings.
• Proficiency in data analysis, problem identification/isolation, and troubleshooting.
• Ability to work any/all test shifts (6am-noon, noon-6pm, 6pm-midnight, midnight-6am)
• Physically able to access aircraft cockpit test fixtures and conduct lab testing for typical 6 hour test shifts.
• Most be willing and able to conform with flight line dress code and FOD requirements.
Demonstrated experience, typically 3-5 years, in the following:
• Avionics System Requirements analysis
• Development of Avionics System Integration Test Procedures
• F-16V Avionics System Integration Test
• Avionics System troubleshooting and analysis of test data
• Development & Release of Avionics System AEIs
• Avionics System Integration & Test of A/A weapons (A120 preferred), UAI carriage systems & stores, non-UAI Inertially Aided Munitions (IAMs), Data Link systems, and/or EW systems.
• Installation & setup of Mission Planning systems for integration testing.
• MIL-STD-1553 and Gigabit Ethernet protocols and data analysis.
• Automated test and data analysis tools.
• Support of Avionics System Integration Flight Test.
• Experience leading small teams.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.