Lockheed Martin LAN/WAN Network Engineer (Fredericksburg, VA) in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Description: This position is located at a utility customer site. The successful candidate will perform router and switch configuration techniques with any set of given requirements. The selected candidate will use configuration techniques for dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF. This position will configure Policy Based Routing, VOIP, QOS, Multicast routing, ACL’s, and work on Next Generation Firewalls. The candidate will work independently on projects while managing day to day problem solving for assigned support tickets or other duties as assigned.
Advanced level of knowledge and experience supporting LAN/WAN infrastructures. Demonstrated through related professional level networking experience
- Expertise and experience with installing, configuring, and trouble-shooting TCP/IP-based networks
- Brocade and Cisco-Systems IOS and CLI experience
- Candidate must be able to troubleshoot network connectivity and/or peer to peer application issues at all levels of the TCP/IP stack via packet capture and analysis
- Working knowledge of standard network services (DNS, DHCP, IP Address Mgmt., NTP, SNMP, etc.)
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills to maintain system(s) configurations and network diagrams
- Proven Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills illustrated through related work experience
- Ability to travel as required (minimal)
CISSP, CCIE, JNCIE, CCNP, Security +, Brocade certifications
- Hands-on experience and knowledge concerning switching and routing with knowledge on topics such as TCP/IP, IP configuration, Multicast networking, peer-to-peer networking, IP addressing & subnets, building a routing table, and other network protocols, standards, and architecture
- Experience in information security infrastructure, including firewalls and VPN architecture
- Experience managing vendor relationships for break/fix, root cause analysis, escalations, and technology refresh
- Knowledge / expertise with Cisco-Routing and Switching, Brocade Routing and Switching, and Brocade Network Advisor
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.