Lockheed Martin Physical Calibration Technician Associate in Georgia
Description: As related to the field of Metrology, tests, calibrates, adjusts, and maintains electromechanical, mechanical, optical, pneumatic, hydro-mechanical, and pressure-type measuring and indicating instruments to conform to set standards. Assists in the setup of established calibration methods and procedures according to detailed blueprints, drawings, and instructions. Disassembles, cleans, repairs, and replaces defective parts of standard test equipment such as torque wrenches, pressure gauges and tension meters as necessary. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Gathers and enters data into computer systems. Verifies data is appropriate for intended use and verifies data accuracy. Develops charts, diagrams, and standard reports. In technical or production positions, may also set up and operate standard electronic or mechanical equipment used to develop, produce and/or test products or process data. Provides training, instruction, and guidance to others as necessary.
Desired Skills: • Experience calibrating various hand tools.
• Experience calibrating various temperature and pressure test equipment.
• Experience calibrating various torque and force test equipment.
• Experience working in an ISO17025 accredited laboratory.
• Experience calibrating mass standards.
• Ability to function successfully in a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer software applications.
• Attended various training for metrology, such as DOD PMEL or manufacturer training.
• Must have demonstrated hands-on calibration experience.
• Must be a United States citizen.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance.
• Must be able to ascend and descend stairs and ladders.
• Must be able to lift and carry 45 lbs throughout the day.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Must be willing to work in confined spaces as necessary during in-place calibration of submarine and facilities equipment.
• Must be able to work occasional weekends and/or shift work and travel as necessary.
• Requires technical knowledge in the field of physical sciences equivalent to completion of a two-year degree or the equivalent.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.