Lockheed Martin Full Stack Software Engineer/ Database Architect/ Developer- Goleta, CA in Goleta, California
Description: Lockheed Martin/Santa Barbara Focalplane designs and builds industry leading infrared cameras for military and commercial
applications. We’re in a very challenging and competitive industry thus the need to track equipment, process, tests and performance data is a must to maintain our advantage and make the most of exotic semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
Our database team builds modern web-based tools to make data meaningful and help our colleagues excel at their jobs.
Candidate will build and maintain applications to support a wide variety of users on site: operations, facilities, finance, production control, process, test and research engineering.
Majority of tasks will focus on maintaining backend infrastructure of existing systems and investigating and troubleshooting web server and database issues. Other tasks will include, but not limited to:
- Maintaining and developing web applications
- Scripting to collect data
- Meeting with internal customers
- Mocking up interfaces
- Designing databases
- Application development, testing and deployment.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Goleta is a city in southern Santa Barbara County, California. Goleta is part of the central coast region of California and offers lots of great scenery and is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is known primarily for agriculture and tourism. Major crops include wine grapes, lettuce, strawberries, and artichokes. Goleta is known for being near the University of California, Santa Barbara campus, although the CDP of Isla Vista is closer. Much of Goleta is considered to be a quiet suburban community while Santa Barbara tends to attract most of the tourists and the area's residents. Goleta is about 8 miles west of the city of Santa Barbara, along the coast (the coast runs east to west in this portion of southern California). Where can you drive to from Goleta? Goleta is 2 hours northwest of Los Angeles. San Francisco is about 5 hours to the north of Goleta. Las Vegas, NV is about 5 hours to the northeast.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering with Computer Science, Computer Engineering studies, or other related discipline from an accredited college/university.
- Experience using, configuring, and troubleshooting IIS, Apache, or related web server.
- Experience using and troubleshooting PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Sybase, or related DBMS.
- Experience developing in PHP, Python, C#, Java, or a related language.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suites (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting IIS web server and web applications.
- Experience building responsive and intuitive web applications.
- Well versed in relational database optimization, backup, and real-time replication.
- Strong background in web security, Single Sign-On (SSO), and server migration.
- Individual should be comfortable with reading and writing SQL as well as demonstrate a good understanding of relational databases.
- Experience scripting/developing with PHP, Python, C#, Java, or related language.
- Familiar with Windows server (2008, 2012, or 2016) administration and troubleshooting.
- Aptitude and passion for learning and evaluating modern technologies.
- Demonstrate good software control management and best practices.
- Experience in application refactoring, rebuild, or redesign required during upgrade or migration.
- Experience using Eclipse, Microsoft Visual Studio, or similar IDEs.
- .NET framework web development experience a plus.
- SAP and/or SAP HANA experience a plus.
- MVC design and Object-oriented programming experience a plus.
Must also demonstrate the following:
- Experience with source code control and management tools such as Accurev, Git, SVN, Team Foundation Server, or related tool.
- Solid analytical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.