Lockheed Martin General Machinist C / CNC - GD&T / 2nd Shift / Grand Prairie, TX in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a General Machinist C for a position in Grand Prairie, TX to perform machining operations that include a variety of semi-complex parts, details, and assemblies.
*Set up and perform primary machining operations as required on:
-Computer numerically controlled (CNC) Mills and/or Lathes
-Conventional Lathes & Mills
-Jig Bore Machining centers
-OD/ID grinders and surface grinders
-Wire/Electrode Electric Discharge Machining (EDM)
*Set up machines using all standard attachments and accessories
*Select cutters, speeds and feeds as required
*Work from engineering drawings, tooling drawings, engineering change documents, manufacturing planning, sketches, Mylars, and verbal instructions
*Check part machined against requirements for accuracy and operation sequence using precision measuring equipment, such as dial calipers, micrometers, scales and gauges
- Ability to operate CNC machines.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings using GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing).
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must have the ability to work 1st or 2nd shift according to the collective bargaining agreement.
- Ability to operate Nexus, Variaxis, and/or Intergrex.
- Experience with CNC lathes and/or vertical milling machines.
- Ability to use Mazak and/or HAAS Controllers.
- Experience with Parlec Tool Presetting equipment or similar system.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.