Lockheed Martin Industrial Electrician / Dallas, TX in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: This position will perform a variety of duties to construct, install, test, calibrate, trouble-shoot, repair and maintain all types of complex electrical and associated electronic equipment such as, but not limited to motors, generators, temperature control instruments, control panels, wiring conduits, motor starters, X-ray equipment, transformers, fire alarm system, energy management system (EMS), logic controllers, to include programmable logic controllers (PLC), conventional machinery, heat treat equipment, etc.
This role will construct and maintain control panels of various types including the installation of panel instrument meters, temperature controllers, etc. It will perform both complex and routine diagnostics for troubleshooting electrical issues, utilizing wiring schematics, drawings, diagrams and service manuals, etc. The position will disassemble, repair, and reassemble motors, generators, and/or rectifiers. Install, repair, and maintain a variety of tools and equipment. Calibrate a variety of instruments. Use a variety of testing equipment such as multi-meter, oscilloscope, ammeters mega-ohmmeter, infrared camera, power analyzer, laptops, heat treat test equipment, etc.
Visit Lockheed Martin Missile and Fire Control's The Muse Profile
Desired Skills: - Working knowledge of high voltage
- High voltage systems experience
- Proven trouble shooting abilities
- Familiarity with equipment repairs and trouble shooting
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of electrical and associated electronic equipment, instruments, machinery, motors and transformers.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code as it pertains to the facility and machineries within the plant
- Equivalent to four (4) years of high school plus four (4) years of trades training.
- Five (5) years working experience in the electrical industry.
- The ability to obtain a US Government issued Security Clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.