Lockheed Martin Inspector - Mechanical B / Grand Prairie, TX / Second Shift in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Perform a variety of inspection operations of mechanical parts and installations fabricated and/or assembled such as; complete systems, assemblies, tools, jigs, fixtures, prototypes, training devices, and detail parts on Manufacturing Prototype/Production Development and Production/Spares programs. Perform required inspections of purchased hardware where specialized equipment/facilities are required. Perform inspections utilizing a variety of techniques, inspection equipment and instruments to include visual, layout methods, and various conventional types of mechanical measurement devise. Perform inspections to required Specifications, Drawings, Planning, Quality Procedures, Industry Standards, of other Customer or Company documents. Perform general periodic surveillance of work and associated storage areas. Handle, utilize, maintain and store inspection equipment in a manner to prevent damage, abuse, or neglect and to maintain its serviceability. May be required to maintain records and logs. Keep work area clean and orderly.
Additional duties such as performing penetrant inspection & weld inspection maybe required if candidate holds proper certifications.
- Working knowledge and history of machined parts, tooling inspection, or mechanical assembly inspection.
- Mechanical Inspection skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on a team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to obtain US Government issued Secret Security Clearance
- Working knowledge and history of machined parts inspection processes and procedure with background and knowledge in Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM), Dye Penetrant Certification, Weld Inspection Certification (CWI), Tooling Inspection - Jigs and Fixtures, small parts assemblies.
- Use of Laser tracker, White Light Scanners, or Handi-Scan equipment to perform dimensional inspections of fabricated hardware.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.