Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Engineering Sr in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer that enjoys the challenge of developing new products and the fulfilment of full rate production to support the Tactical Missiles group of programs that are experiencing growth in all areas. This position will lead and perform manufacturing engineering activities on a development program that is working on an evolution of a current product. Development activities include, but not limited to, proposal of effort, tooling, and events, Design for Manufacturing analysis, transition new or revised designs from drawing to production, collaboration with other functions and the customer, creating Manufacturing Engineering Statement of Work documents, building Make or Buy documents, and ensuring customer and program requirements are met.
Production support will encompass the use of core manufacturing engineering competencies to meet or exceed customer and program requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, verification or validation of manufacturing process, manage proposed changes to tooling, and support both internal and external suppliers.
Working beyond the technical aspect of manufacturing, the winning candidate will assist estimating future proposals, baseline awarded budget, and evaluate performance via Earned Value Management System (EVMS) methodologies. Lead the creation and management of a Make/Buy document based on the Engineering Bill of Material.
• Act as manufacturing engineering point of contact for the development program
• Submit accurate and complete proposal estimates and supporting documents
• Transition engineering designs from development to production with minimal impact to production program upon completion of transition
• Collaborate with all disciplines, suppliers, and the customer
• EVMS evaluations
• Producibility analysis of designs
• Orchestrate the creation or change of tooling used to fabricate required hardware
• Support production programs as needed
• Proficient in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
• Production or development manufacturing background
• Knowledge of tool design and fabrication
• Proven ability to improve cost, schedule, quality and/or safety
• Ability to interpret mechanical drawings, product/performance specifications, and other systems integration technical data
• Bachelor's degree in an associated discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education
• Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles
• Demonstrated effective communication skills including oral, listening, technical writing and presentations
• SAP experience
• Intermediate skill level in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
• Successful development and introduction of hardware
• GD&T knowledge and application
• Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical drawings, product/performance specifications, and other systems integration technical data
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
• Experience with design and fabrication of tooling
• Advanced interpersonal skills, including team building, collaboration, and developing enduring business relationships that resulted in successful projects and actions
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.