Lockheed Martin Mechanical Design Engineer Associate - Grand Prairie, Texas in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Mechanical Design Engineering Associate. Entry level Mechanical Design Engineer needed to assist in Computer Aided Design (CAD) initiatives.
The engineer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development, documentation, and maintenance of CAD modeling standards and to support migration initiatives associated with a product lifecycle management tool (Digital PLM).
- Perform library parts updates in the preferred software tool (PTC CREO 4)
- Evaluate processes defined in a new Military/ASME CAD modeling standard
- Assist in editing a 3D parametric modeling manual
- Support the development of various design guides
- Assisting Line of Business programs with the import / clean-up of supplier (vendor) data
- Coordinating design improvement / optimization of existing and future processes with the Mechanical Engineering design team
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
Must have ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance
Must have the ability to travel
Mechanical Engineer with knowledge / experience with a Computer Aided Design (CAD) environment, a technical background, mechanical design skills (conceptual and detail design), knowledge of mechanical drawing standards and exposure to 2D drawings
Candidate must have experience using a 3D CAD modeling software
Computer Aided Design skills using PTC CREO 4 Software
Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Capable of performing in a fast paced, dynamic environment, and working in an inclusive, team environment. Considered a developing talent, and still a learner.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College