Lockheed Martin Multimedia Design Engineer- Grand Prairie, Texas in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business is experiencing some substantial growth at our campus in Grand Prairie, TX. We are seeking people with diverse capabilities and proven artistic ability across multiple CG disciplines such as modelling, rigging, animation, texturing, shading, lighting, rendering, effects and compositing to join our team. This is a Full Time role.
This position provides engineering visualization support as a member of the EVE (Engineering Visualization Environment) group, which is based Grand Prairie, TX. EVE provides complex engineering visualization of MFC products. These visualizations are used both in program proposals, and during some program milestone events. Industry standard tools such as Maya, Adobe Suite, Substance Painter/Designer and ZBrush are used. Candidate will be a member of a small group of engineers who specialize in 3D animation and content creation.
Selected candidate will support various aspects of the rendering pipleline, particularly 3D modeling / texturing in Maya and Substance Suite, and real time rendering support with Unreal Engine.
Please see the You Tube videos below as examples of work completed by the engineers in the group.
MFC in Action
Bachelors degree from an accredited college with concentration in multimedia design, Digital Graphic Design and animation, or equivalent experience / combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree.
Strong experience with at least two of the 9 desired skill packages (see desired skills for list).
Digital portfolio is required to demonstrate skill competency.
Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team environment.
Must be flexible with outstanding work ethic and possess the ability to respond quickly to company and client needs.
Ability to obtain a secret clearance.
Self-starter, and open to out-of-the-box approaches to achieving development/production goals.
Prior experience with typical cradle-to-grave high-end visualization production pipelines. This applies to both cinematic pipelines and game-engine focused pipelines.
Prior experience helping customers with messaging definition and story development (storyboarding).
Experience identifying new technologies and relating to ways to keep visualization capabilities moving forward.
Experience with AR / VR technologies.
Experience with some of the following tools:
Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush, Nuke, Arnold, Adobe Creative Suite, Houdini, Unity, Unreal, Substance Painter, and Substance Designer.
Project management/leadership experience related to visualizing complex engineering concepts and ideas.
Experience with Linux and/or scripting.
Experience with as many of the following skill packages(minimum two required):
• MODELING: Optimize, refine and correct model geometry. Able to clean up and optimize CAD models as well as model from reference.
• TEXTURING/SHADING: Create textures, UV maps and PBR workflows using the latest HDRI, GI, normal mapping and principled shader techniques.
• LAYOUT/CAMERA: Firm grasp on the principles of cinematography including use of lenses, composition, perspective, positioning and moving the camera. Ensure that characters, props, sets and rough cameras for a shot are set up properly.
• RIGGING: Rig vehicles and/or characters for animation.
• ANIMATION: Excellent skills animating mechanical (cars, trucks, boats, planes, helicopters, etc.) hard-surface objects. Bipeds and quadrupeds a plus. Knowledge of mechanical systems a plus.
• MOTION GRAPHICS: Adept at adapting existing graphic assets for integration into various media. Must have strong understanding of graphic design principles, typography, icon design and video/animation production.
• LIGHTING: Strong eye for detail, composition, color and lighting. Create compelling environment lighting while maintaining a consistent style throughout. Optimize and troubleshoot lighting and rendering issues.
• COMPOSITING: Creation of photorealistic compositions using Nuke and After Effects.
• VFX: Design, animate, light, and composite high quality effects utilizing Maya, Houdini. Knowledge of particles, fluids (smoke, dust, water), fracturing and MEL/Python.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.