Lockheed Martin Senior Electrical Engineer / Thermal Battery and Power Engineer / Dallas, TX in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. This is Lockheed Martin’s lead business unit for research development and production of manned and unmanned ground-vehicle systems, electro-optical and smart munitions systems and is a pioneer in the field of versatile, high-performance missile and rocket technology.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX. with power electronics and thermal battery experience.
Primary duties for this role include: Thermal Battery Selection and Procurement: Conduct thermal battery survey to select an optimal battery for the missile primary battery and the missile aft battery. Conduct system integration and test for the primary battery and the aft battery. Includes conducting requests for information, supplier information exchanges, reviewing specifications and test data. After selection is complete provide technical procurement documents, technical support for subcontracts, and oversights of supplier performance tests.
Missile Power System support. Provide engineering design support to the Lead Power System engineer for power system breadboard and brassboard design, development, integration, and test. Includes design trade studies for optimal power conversion and packaging. Support design reviews and requirements development. Support power system test equipment development. Provide engineering design support to the lead engineer of the battery-ultracapacitor hybrid power source design and development.
Candidate must to be self-motivating, team-oriented and capable of working with minimal direction. Must be willing to interface with internal teams, suppliers and the customer.
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Visit Lockheed Martin Missile and Fire Control's The Muse Profile
Desired Skills: - Prior experience with all aspects of thermal battery characteristics and performance.
- Ability to perform requirements definition, design trades, interface definitions, development estimating and tasking
- Strong electronic systems integration testing and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Analog circuit design, power electronics and thermal batteries
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or related field)
- Must have prior experience working with thermal batteries and power systems
- Must possess strong general electrical engineering knowledge
- Must be familiar with circuit design and components to include electronics testing and troubleshooting
- Experience in electronic system and subsystem design and test.
- Excellent communications skills to interface with subordinates, peers, supervisors, subcontractors, and customers
- Ability to work well in an interdisciplinary environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.