Lockheed Martin Sr. Manufacturing Engineer / Dallas, TX in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX to support the PAC-3 Evolutionary Development (Ev-Dev) Production Engineering team. The PAC-3 Ev-Dev team handles development efforts that relate to the PAC-3 Missile or Command Launch System. This can include redesign for obsolescence, design of new subsystems, development of new capabilities, flight tests etc. The primary mission of this position is to ensure new designs are producible (Design for Manufacture) in a full rate manufacturing environment and at a competitive cost (Design to Cost).
Accomplishing this mission takes creativity and innovative approaches. Frequent communication and collaboration with other disciplines including Design Engineering, Quality Engineering, Global Supply Chain, Finance, Production Planning and Control, Contracts and Program Management are required. It can also involve working directly with our government customers, proposal estimating, manufacturing readiness assessments, make or buy analysis, presenting at various design and manufacturing reviews, travel to various manufacturing facilities including suppliers and other Lockheed sites and any other manufacturing or tooling related issues that may arise.
For this specific opening we are looking for someone with intimate knowledge of J-STD-001 with experience manufacturing to Class 3. Processes like SMT pick and place, convection reflow, vapor phase reflow, wave solder, selective solder, conformal coatings, AOI/AXI and various cleaning and cleanliness testing processes for example. Evaluating designs and providing manufacturing feedback to the design team in order to end up with circuit card assemblies that are as easy and inexpensive to manufacture as possible while still meeting performance requirements. The ability to question design requirements that drive cost to ensure there is good technical justification is desired. Being able to build relationships and work in a collaborative environment with other disciplines is a must. Experience building cables and wiring harnesses to IPC-620 and electrical subsystems is a plus but not required.
Visit Lockheed Martin Missile and Fire Control's The Muse Profile
Relocation is offered for this exciting opportunity.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to travel domestic and/or international
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
- Proven ability to improve cost, schedule, quality and/or safety
- Ability to interpret drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, product/performance specifications and other systems integration technical data
- Demonstrated effective communication skills including verbal, listening, technical writing and presentations
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, including team building, collaboration and developing enduring business relationships
- Experience manufacturing circuit card assemblies to J-STD-001 Class 3
- Lean / Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
- SAP Experience
- Experience in design for manufacturing
- Experience with development programs
- Earned Value Management System Cost Account Manager (EVMS CAM) experience
- Ability to perform trade studies and present results to leadership
- Familiarity with IPC-2221, IPC-2223 or IPC-A-600
- Familiarity with IPC-620 cable and wire harness assembly manufacturing
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.