Lockheed Martin Field Engineer in Hanover, Maryland
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Apply technical knowledge in a specified area to solve problems pertaining to specific equipment or entire systems. Utilize system level functions, diagnostics, hardware manipulation, fault isolation, and other tools and processes to resolve problems of different complexity levels in systems. Install and certify systems in the field to include performing or assisting with design and test, operational readiness, maintenance, repair, and testing of a wide range of RF devices. System maintenance activities include troubleshooting, module and component replacement and system checkout, bench repair of chassis, card module, and/or component level. The Technician shall be experienced in the general repair of various equipment related to the specific Delivery Order. The Technician shall be responsible for the control of technical data holdings pertaining to equipment and facilities as specified in the Delivery Order.
- Operate test equipment - to include function generators, signal generators, spectrum and network analyzers, power meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, volt-ohm-ammeters, fiber optic meters, BIT error tester, and multimeters
- Solder and perform electrical assembly - to include chassis wiring, system assembly, soldering wire to multi-pin connectors, and soldering components (including surface mount) to circuit cards. This task assumes/requires proficiency in the construction of various coaxial, semi-rigid, data, control and ribbon cable assemblies.
- Fabricate and assemble fiber optic cables - to include chassis wiring and assembling systems connected via optic cable
- Install, test, and analyze RF and electronic circuits
- Rack, stack, and test systems, sub-systems, and equipment
- Maintain labs used for system integration, test, and lifecycle support
- Brief projects and systems status to technical management
***Position requires 30-month commitment. Located in Okinawa, Japan***
Five (5) years of experience as a technician supporting SIGINT access, collection or exploitation systems is required. Experience working with the type of equipment specified within/pertaining to particular Delivery Orders is required. Experience shall include a working knowledge in the areas of assessment, documentation, and troubleshooting. Associate's degree in Electronics Technology or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Two (2) years of additional related experience may be substituted for an associate's degree.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.