Lockheed Martin Malware Analyst II in Hanover, Maryland
Description: Lockheed Martin invites you to step up to one of today’s most daunting challenges: the use of advanced electronics to undermine our way of life. As a cybersecurity professional at Lockheed Martin, you’ll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Financial assets. Healthcare information. Critical infrastructure. Hazardous materials. The uninterrupted flow of energy that keeps modern life moving. Here, you’ll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat protection and proactive prevention. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you’ll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the resources of Lockheed Martin to keep the threats at bay.
- Employs engineering techniques and processes to analyze software to identify vulnerabilities
- Re-creates programs to rebuild something similar to it, exploits its weaknesses, or strengthens its defenses
- Develops design specifications by inspection and analysis to offset various malware and to protect and defend USCYBERCOM infrastructure
- Develops, researches, and maintains proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer and network vulnerabilities, data hiding, and encryption
- Conducts vulnerability assessments/penetration tests of information systems - Ensures software standards are met; designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Performs in-depth detailed research of software and methodologies to build defensive and offensive technical capabilities for USCYBERCOM
Desired Skills: - Participates in formal technical briefing and proposals
- Performs system analysis, reverse engineering, and static, dynamic, and best-practice malware analytical methodologies on Windows, Android, or UNIX-based platforms
- Has an in-depth understanding of security concepts, protocols, processes, architectures, and tools (authentication and access control technologies, intrusion detection, network traffic analysis, incident handling, media/malware analysis, etc.), malware and programming skills to include C/C++ and Assembly language, and detailed understanding of how network-based attacks work at the operating system and/or protocol level.
- Minimum five years of experience as a Malware Analyst
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- A minimum of DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAM Level I Certification
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.