Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Sr in Hanover, Maryland
Description: Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. For positions that perform IT responsibilities, use E646, Systems Engr-IT.
Seven (7) years system engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
Desired Skills -
- Knowledge of Linux configuration and administration
- RF knowledge (antenna selection, cable loss, filter selection)
- Networking knowledge LANs/WANs
- System power design and wiring (DC power & 1/3-phase AC)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to visualize and draw system drawings for fabrication and maintenance
- Knowledge of Software Defined Radios
- Cisco & Netgear switch configuration and administration
- Linux security concepts (server certificates, SSH, auditing/logging)
- Linux kickstart creation and usage
- Component/Server heat generation and cooling
- Component reggedization techniques
- Software encryption and IPSEC/VPN concepts
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.